‘ Everything in the world is about sex except sex. Sex is about power.’ – Oscar Wilde
I offer Psychosexual Therapy as a complementary therapy within coaching sessions when it is requested by the client. It is a ‘talking therapy’ in the same way that coaching and counselling are. No physical contact occurs during these sessions.
There are many reasons for considering Psychosexual Therapy. Some are:
- Many of Life’s challenges impact on sexual confidence, sexual identity and relationships, and these in turn have further impact on all-round quality of life.
- Sometimes, a single conversation can prompt empowering insights and clarify action towards change. For some people, ongoing coaching and therapy are crucial for further guidance, recovery and renewal.
- Talking about sexual issues can be difficult but not-talking can be a path to greater unhappiness. Carrying the unexpressed burden of blame or shame is depleting and destructive. Psychosexual Therapy seeks to unravel, inform and empower.
- Understanding where and how sexual problems originate and what choices exist to change them, is a liberating experience in itself.
- Sometimes the journey forward might mean we continue to work together, or that it is more appropriate to seek a counsellor or specialist therapist, in which case I can make referrals or recommendations according to individual circumstances.
Guaranteed confidentiality regarding all consenting, adult, sexual matters.
This work is available to people of all genders, in any kind of relationship, or those not in a relationship.
See how to meet up, and make a booking here