My vocation for working with people spans many years, within the expressive arts, education, and personal development industries. I have worked in a diversity of locations, and with people of all ages, and from many backgrounds, cultures and circumstances.
My work is rooted in informed practice, creativity, and holistic well-being. It is a contribution to promote joy, participation, and meaningful connection towards a more equal, thriving, and compassionate society.
In addition to work with clients and mentees, freelance work takes me elsewhere.
I am a published poet and writer; a practitioner of sensory and socially engaged arts; and a tutor/lecturer/trainer in Adult Education settings. I find balance in this busy and demanding life through immersion in the natural world; through adventures in culture and heritage: and with my family and friends.
My other website, outlining my creative practice, activities and events – including collaborations with others – is here on this link: Mixer of Metaphors
My qualifications include:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
- Bachelor of Arts (Open)
- Dip. Literature and Creative Writing
- Dip. Anatomy, Physiology and Massage Therapy
- Dip. Psychosexual Therapy
- and several others in Therapy, Business, Arts and Humanities subjects recognised by the UK Qualifications Curriculum Authority and/or National Qualifications Framework.
I am a member of the European Council for Mentoring and Coaching, and abide by its values, and by the values of the National Therapists register (UK) .